Monday, March 17, 2014

Super Sister at Six (by Grandma Julie)

(to the tune of  “For the First Time in Forever”)

Stephie Moore is six today
Precious to us in every way.
Wonderful girl! It's time to celebrate.
Today I have some stories to tell
About all the things she does so well,
And how watching her makes me feel great.

One day we were picking a program.
There were others you wanted that day.
You said if Haley wanted Caillou that’s okay.

When it comes to feeling compassion
You are far beyond your peers.
And when it comes to showing kindness
You are older than you your years.

I have seen how she helps Haley.
Whenever Haley is afraid.
And if Haley wants what she has,
She says, “Haley, I will trade.”

Went to the doctor to get your shots.
Haley was nervous quite a lot.
You said, “I'll go first Haley just watch me.”
Then you took her hand in yours.
Made Haley feel so secure.
This unselfish love was quite a sight to see.

And when choosing whose room would be painted,
I was expecting the worst.
Then you said that Haley’s could be first.

When it comes to a big sister
Haley lucked out having you.
Now Violet is coming,
And now you can teach her too.

And now Haley has learned all your kindness.
And it really is most true.
Most people take a lifetime
To show kindness like you do.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift. Of course I'm in tears. How sweet. Stephie is truly a kind and generous soul. Thank you Julie!

    ReplyDelete