Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Haley at Four, by Grandma Julie

For Haley at Four
To the tune of “Do you want to build a Snowman?”

Do you want to see some changes?
Take a look at how I’ve grown.
Now that I am turning four
I’m so much more
Than the three year old you’ve known.
I used to be quite timid
And now I’m not.
I run into school alone.
Every day I’m reading better.
And I’m writing all my letters.

I have got some strong opinions
About all the things I like.
Mommy gives me my nutritious food.
I’m  in the mood
Or on a hunger strike.
I like to pick my clothing.
When I get dressed
With seams I am quite obsessed.
Self control I am applying.
I am cute there’s no denying.

And I love to help my Stephie
If she ever needs some ice.
She helps me if a letter’s hard
Or a flash card.
I ask for her advise.
And we love to play together
With our rainbow loom,
Puzzles or games or toys.
I am learning about sharing
And show Stephie that I’m caring.

I have got the greatest giggle.
My hugs can melt your heart.
I’ve been told that my blue eyes
Are like the sky
And I am very smart.
And I show coordination
When I run or skip
Or when I ride my bike.
Take a look at what I’m knowing
And how much that I am growing.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you always seem to create something so touching and topical. Your poems are treasures they will have forever. Thank you Julie!

    ReplyDelete