Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Blonde, blue, and six

Today is Stephie's half birthday!  She got all dressed up for the occasion.  Tiara included.
Violet looked extra fancy too with her hair bow.

What?!?
 Haley has a bit of a cold so she's not currently allowed to touch Violet except for on her feet.
More pictures of the half-birthday fun to come.  In the meantime, here is the poem I wrote for Stephie's birthday book:

Stephie - Blonde, Blue and Six

Who would believe
at just six and a half
she could make my whole day
with her smile and her laugh?

Wavy blonde hair 
tied up in a bow
and her bright blue eyes
that happily glow.

She skips 'round the room
and twirls and grooves
and she puts her hands on
her hips with a move

With a hug and a smile
my whole world lights up,
you'd think she's the tea
and I'm just the cup.

And when she is serious
and awfully concerned
over some startling fact
just a sigh ago learned.

She comforts us all
with "It'll be alright"
and giggles and wriggles
as I turn out the light

Six and a half
going on twenty three
but when I look at her
it's my baby I see

And if you're not a slave
to a child like this
I hope you'll too be blessed
with blonde, blue, and six

2 comments:

  1. Your poem is beautiful, Erica. Thanks to you I get to experience blond, blue-eyed and six again! XOX

    ReplyDelete