Sunday, April 9, 2017

In My Room (Haley at Seven) by Grandma Julie

My room is my refuge, my haven, my home.
My room is the place I go to be all alone.

I’m seven years old. I like to have some space.
Sometimes I just don’t want to see anybody’s face.

I go in my room to sleep and read and play.
And if I keep my stuff neat no one throws it away.

I’m seven years old. I like to go in my tent.
The time I spend alone in there is time well spent.

My tent is pale purple with a shaggy purple rug.
Stephie made a sign which reads “Haley’s Tent Keep Out”!

My new bins and shelves hold all my special treasures.
I rearrange my things on them which gives me lots of pleasure.

The ceramics that I made are arranged on my top shelf,
The art on the walls, I made it myself.

I have my copper mug, my books, and my rocks.
I have a lot of dresses but I don’t like many socks.

My Mom and my Dad fold all my clothes.
I put them in my dresser arranged in perfect rows
.
I still have Baby, Ducky, and my blanket from my tees
And now I have HayHay the chicken in my bed with me.

I have stars on my walls which glow at night.
And I can pick the color of my clock when it lights.

The moon on my wall makes my room so bright. 
And seeing my feis medals fills me with delight.

If I let Violet in to build a fort with chairs
She will pack things in her suitcase and take it downstairs.

I love being seven, having a room of my own.
But I don’t always want to spend my time there all alone.

So then I come downstairs from my room up above
To spend most of my time with the family that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment